DynaFile v3.5 Release Notes
Updated: January 31, 2019
Below is a list of the features and changes that are included in DynaFile version 3.5 which will be rolled out in February 2019.
- New Multi-File Browser-Based File Upload
- A new web-based file upload page has been implemented that replaces the old version which only allowed users to upload a single file at a time.
- This new version allows users to drag-and-drop multiple files (or even entire folders) directly into the browser window.
- Users can also use the “Choose Files” option to display the standard file browser, but now they can select multiple files.
- As before, files can be uploaded to the Repository, Barcode Processing, Batch Processing or Drop Box, but now the selection of the destination is more intuitive by using the selector along the left of the page as opposed to a drop-down menu.
- When files are being uploaded, users are presented with an easy to ready status dialog at the bottom of the page identifying all successful (or perhaps failed) uploads.
- One all the files have been uploaded, depending upon the upload destination chosen, users can selectively choose to “Register Repository File”, “View Barcode Processing Log”, “Process Uploaded Batches” or “Access Drop Box” by clicking the appropriate link at the top of the page.
- While this new upload feature won’t replace the need for Save To DynaFile, it can supplement it for users that don’t need to upload quite as often or who are currently accessing DynaFile on a Mac OS X computer.
- Learn more about the new file upload screen at https://support.dynafile.com/v3/importing-documents/upload
- Group Rights
- Administrators can now define System Access Rights and Document Control actions at the group level!
- No longer will administrators be tasked with repetitively assigning the same access rights for multiple users, one user at a time.
- Simply by assigning users to the appropriate group, they will automatically inherit the proper system right and document actions.
- Users can have their right and actions escalated at the user level, or by assigning them to multiple groups.
- New User, Group and Office Administration Screens
- All three of these screens have been redesigned using our new (v3) style and format which is much more intuitive and responsive.
- Learn more about the new Group Administration at https://support.dynafile.com/v3/administration/group-administration/edit-group
- Learn more about the new User Administration at https://support.dynafile.com/v3/administration/user-administration/edit-user
- Learn more about the new Office Administration at https://support.dynafile.com/v3/administration/office-administration/edit-office
- New Administrators Group
- A new group has been created that will always have all access rights to the system and can view, modify and delete all documents in the system.
- This group cannot be deleted, edited or renamed, but no users are assigned to it by default.
- This group makes it easier to distinguish full administrators in the system as opposed to using individual usage rights.
- Administrative users can assign themselves or any other administrative users to this group and remove all other rights, group access and document permissions in order to create a cleaner interface.
- Document Access Management Verticals
- Document Access Management Verticals are a new feature and an important method to ensure that group permissions are not inadvertently over provisioned.
- Management Verticals enforce administrators to define a single document index field to have Modify and Delete permissions assigned to either individual index field values or globally for all index field values.
- Accidental over-provisioning occurs when more than one index allows for escalated Modify and Delete permissions. Management Verticals prevent this from happening.
- While existing groups will not be modified during this update, any newly created groups will enforce the administrator to select a Management Vertical.
- It is also highly recommended, but not required, to edit your existing groups in order to specify a Management Vertical.
- Learn more about Management Verticals at https://support.dynafile.com/administration/group-administration/management-verticals
- The issue when a user could not be re-created once previously deleted has been fixed and users can be recreated as needed.
- There was previously an issue where email messages that had attachments that contained special characters or did not have a file extension could not be previewed. This issue has been corrected and all applicable email attachments should be able to be previewed or downloaded.